1. Have an empty canvas. I have already washed, cleansed, toned, and lightly moisturized my face (all with Neutrogena products) so I have a clean slate.
2. Apply a light foundation. You want a sheer coverage that doesn't become to noticeable. Since I live in Taipei, which has "tropical" weather (hello, humidity!) and city pollution (hello, dirty pores!) I don't want makeup that is thick or would end up running during the day.

3. The three main colours I am using is MAC Mulled Cider, MAC Cork, MAC Honey Lust. Mulled Cider was limited edition (from the Warm and Cozy collection) so if you don't have that, then you can substitute with Showstopper or Expresso.

4. Apply cork all over your lid. I used a MAC 239 Shader brush to apply it. After that, apply Mulled Cider (or your subsitute) all along the crease and outer "V". Makesure that where the two colours meet, the line isn't too harsh. You want it to look soft.

5. Take your ring finger (I just used this finger, obviously it doens't matter) and lightly dab Honey Lusht all over the two previous colours. This will add a brightening shimmery glitter to your eyes to make you look more awake. I like this a lot because it makes me feel a little less "Plain Jane" with the neutrals.
6. Curl your lashes and apply a black mascara. However, you dont want the and eyelashes to draw attention away from the lids. I just used a drugstore brand eyelash curler and Covergirl Exact Eyelights mascara. Apply a volumizing mascara (or just plain blackening mascara will do) all over the lashes. I used two coats total, focusing more on the outer lashes than the inner ones. Apply some to the bottom lashes, too (one coat is enough).

7. To prep my lips for lipgloss, I dabbed on an extremely thin layer of Cherry ChapStick onto my lips. My lips can get pretty dry so I want to make sure it is safe under the gloss. After waiting for 2-3 minutes, I applied Clinique Lip Smoothie in Mango-athon.

You're done!
This was a super-quick (well, it took me 3 hours to complete) and easy tutorial for students, first-date partakers, and people trying out makeup!
Until next time,
Katie

No comments:
Post a Comment